Fish&Fly Ltd (who operate iBookfishing) Privacy Statement Effective as of May 2018
Data Protection Changes 25th May 2018: Europe has tightened the rules on how private data is gathered, stored and used with new legislation (GDPR – General Data Protection Regulations) enforced from May 25, 2018. It’s a complicated enforcement but essentially what it means is that your rights have changed and in summary:
- You can ask for a copy of any data held about you by us free of charge.
We need to respond within 30 days.
- You can ask for your information to be changed or deleted.
You can see and change all of the information we hold about you in the control panel of your forum account.
- You must give active consent to receive communications (including emails).
This is why you will be receiving lots of emails from organisations asking you to re-subscribe. i.e. no more pre-ticked boxes! Please do subscribe to our Fish&Fly newsletter!
- You must be able to easily take away consent (unsubscribe) to communications.
Please see the bottom of the Fish&Fly newsletter to do this.
Why and how we collect and use your personal information
- Fish & Fly recognises the importance of protecting your personal information, however, in order for our systems to act as forums based on electronic correspondence between individuals we need each person to create a unique online account. By its very nature this means that some personal data must be collected and stored. By collecting this data Fish&Fly has the following responsibilities:
- We must safeguard your information and keep it secure.
All of our websites are hosted on SSL secure domains (starting with https://). This means all traffic between you and us is encrypted. The web hosting is provided by a recognised hosting provider who have their own in house security safeguards.
- We should only gather and store what we need.
When you subscribe to any of the Fish&Fly forums the only private data we ask for is your first name, second name and email address. In the past we have asked for your home address, however, this information has now been deleted as is unnecessary for what we do. At registration we do ask your opinions on fishing brands and tackle but this is really to identify spammers who are trying to register. At registration we ask you whether or not you would like to receive our Fish&Fly email newsletter. You can unsubscribe from this at any time.
- We must make sure you know how we gather and use your personal data (if at all).
When you register you provide us with the information outlined above but also our system records the IP address that you are using. In addition cookies are added to your browser so our system knows when you are logged in and can provide the extra functions (e.g. posting comments) only members receive. We use Google analytics to track visitor numbers and to see what they are reading and how long they are spending on the website – but this is not linked to you personally – it is system wide activity only.
- We need to allow you to easily unsubscribe from communications.
All of the Fish&Fly e-newsletters allow you to unsubscribe from future mailings.
Sharing of Personal Information
Contact Us and Complaints
In the event you have any complaints or suggestions regarding the management of iBookfishing these should in the first instance be sent to info @ fishandfly.com.