Data Protection Changes 25th May 2018: Europe has tightened the rules on how private data is gathered, stored and used with new legislation (GDPR – General Data Protection Regulations) enforced from May 25, 2018. It’s a complicated enforcement but essentially what it means is that your rights have changed and in summary:
1. Your rights
- You can ask for a copy of any data held about you by us free of charge.
- We need to respond within 30 days.
- You can ask for your information to be changed or deleted.
- You can see and change all of the information we hold about you in the control panel of your forum account
- You must give active consent to receive communications (including emails).
- You must be able to easily take away consent (unsubscribe) to communications.
2. The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the IBookfishing website. The types of personal
information collected are:
- Email address
- Phone/mobile number
- IP address
- [IBookfishing site admins can request other information on booking page]
3. The way we use information:
We use the information you provide about yourself when making a reservation only to complete the reservation details. We never share this information with outside parties except the administrator of the resource/site you are reserving.
We use the email address to send you important information related to your reservations such as reservation notifications and updated reservation status (configured by the site admin), or, if you are a site admin, important information related to your IBookfishing site in general. The email addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties except the administrator of the resource/site you are reserving.
Some site admins can use your mobile phone number to send SMS messages related to your reservations.
You can register with our website (with a login and password) if you
would like to be able to easily manage your reservations and to have your
personal information automatically filled out during future reservations.
We may use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design and promote our website but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify any individual.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above.
4. Where is information kept and who can access it
The only entities having access to customers’ personal information are:
– Site administrator and moderators who are obligated by law (e.g. GDPR in the EU) to keep the personal information safe and used for the clearly defined purposes – a booking. The web service is hosted by Amazon SES (US-East Region).
We have agreements in place between Amazon SES and the European Commission which ensure the compliance with the GDPR policies.
5. Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the
information we collect online.
6. How you can access, delete or correct your information
IF YOU HAVE AN IBOOKFISHING LOGIN:
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by logging into your account and going to the My Account page. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can delete your account on that page.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN IBOOKFISHING LOGIN:
Go to https://www.iBookfishing.com/login/delete-info.php where you can
request the personal information we keep on file to be sent to you for
a review with a possibility to delete all your personal information
from our databases. Note that if you have valid reservations in the
future or with end date less than 60 days ago, you’ll need to contact the site admin to have your personal information removed OR you simply have to wait at least 60 days after the rental time and request automatic removal.
You can also correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
7. How to contact us and complaints
Should you have other questions, concerns or complaints about these privacy policies, please email us on
Last revised: 31/07/2020.